Facebook event page
Unity Presbyterian Church
1146 Greentree Rd, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15220
Join us for special guest speaker, Lori Misitis, co-founder of the newly opened Chartiers Valley Health & Wellness Center. Lori will be joining us to help clarify the misconceptions of surrounding the hemp plant, and discuss the healing properties of hemp oil.
Hemp is often confused with it's highly popular sibling plant cannabis, but the two are NOT the same. Cannabidiol oil from the hemp plant is a cannabinoid that has powerful healing terpenes, but NO psychoactive effect and is legal in all 50 states as outlined in the Agricultural Bill Act of 2014 aka the Farm Bill Act of 2014.
Here is an overview of the topics covered in “Demystifying CBD” informative workshop:
* What is CBD? A brief definition of Cannabidiol
* The CBD Patent. The US Government has held a patent on CBD since 1992
* Where do we find CBD?
* A brief history of Hemp. Hemp was grown in the United States by our Founding Fathers.
* Our Endocannabinoid System. The human body has a system that directly relates with CBD.
* Natural Healing. Examining the trend toward plant based medicine
* Pharmaceuticals vs CBD Treating symptoms vs treating causes
* What to look for in a CBD oil and CBD products.
* Legality CBD vs THC
We hope you will join us to learn more about this fascinating topic. This is a FREE event so please spread the word and bring a friend!